Food, Health and Well-Being
Food At Prendergast Primary
Food, Health and Well-Being Education is an integral part of the curriculum at Prendergast Primary.
We are fortunate enough to have our own dedicated Food Technology room with eight purpose built work-stations for primary cooks.
We pledge that:
'All of our pupils will leave Prendergast Primary being able to cook and prepare a healthy meal independently.'
As part of our Health and Well-being ethos, we also:
- Active Friday Actvities offer pupils an extra hour of sport and activity a week. Activities include Yoga, Power-Walking, Dance, Circuit Training and Skipping. Our aim is to encourage a life-long love of keeping active. Summer activities include cycling and orienteering.
- Have our own parent and pupil choir run by our music specialists.
- Have a trained counsellor in school who is a fully qualified member of the British Assosiation for Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- Offer many health and fitmess related extra-curricular clubs - gymnastics, cycling, football, multi-sports, ballet and parent and child cooking.
- Have our own parent and staff 'Healthy Schools Working Party'.