Food, Health and Well-Being
Food At Prendergast Primary
Food, Health and Well-Being Education is an integral part of the curriculum at Prendergast Primary.
We are fortunate enough to have our own dedicated Food Technology room with eight purpose built work-stations for primary cooks.
We pledge that:
'All of our pupils will leave Prendergast Primary being able to cook and prepare a healthy meal independently.'
As part of our Health and Well-being ethos, we also:
- Active Friday Actvities offer pupils an extra hour of sport and activity a week. Activities include Yoga, Power-Walking, Dance, Circuit Training and Skipping. Our aim is to encourage a life-long love of keeping active. Summer activities include cycling and orienteering.
- Have our own parent and pupil choir run by our music specialists.
- Have a trained counsellor in school who is a fully qualified member of the British Assosiation for Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- Offer many health and fitmess related extra-curricular clubs - gymnastics, cycling, football, multi-sports, ballet and parent and child cooking.
- Have our own parent and staff 'Healthy Schools Working Party'.
Please read our Food Policy to find out more about Food at Prendergast. Click here to view the policy.
We are working towards Healthy Schools Gold status and as part of this process have a parent/staff Healthy Schools Working Party. Please follow this link for information was collected over the Winter and Spring Terms.
School Lunch Menus
Please click the pictures below for Weekly Lunch Menus 1, 2 & 3.